These regulations require businesses selling food or drink to consume on the premises, and some others, to close, to protect public health.
New regulations have been put in place by the Secretary of State to help protect the public. The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Business Closure) (England) Regulations 2020 came into force at 2pm on 21 March 2020. The following businesses are now required not to sell food or drink for consumption on the premises:
- Restaurants, including restaurants and dining rooms in hotels or members’ clubs.
- Cafes, including workplace canteens, but not including:
- cafes or canteens at a hospital, care home or school;
- prison and military canteens;
- services providing food or drink to the homeless.
- Bars, including bars in hotels or members’ clubs.
The following businesses must remain closed:
Please register or login to comment!
Register now Login